Coaches & Trainers in our area
Reasons to choose an Equine Canada Certified Coach
1. Professional & Accountable – Certified coaches are professionals who are expected to adhere to strict standards of the profession. (Equine Canada Code of Ethics & EC Coaching Code of Conduct)
2. Safety and First Aid – Trained in procedures, coaches hold a valid First Aid certificate which must be kept up to date for the coach to maintain a current status.
3. Theory – Certified Coaches know “how” to teach/coach. Coaches support all aspects of the sport, not just the technical skill. Successful completion of the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) is a requirement at each level as well as the new Equine Canada “Learn to Teach” Course.
4. Knowledge and Technical Competence – Coach candidates are assessed by qualified personnel. Candidates are required to show their technical ability as well as having theoretical knowledge.
5. Consistency and Upgrading – Through a process of formal study, mentor-ship and assessment, coaches are taught and tested on consistent skills. Coaches must upgrade their knowledge to stay certified therefore keeping skills fresh and current.
6. Stable Management – Coaches have learned and have been tested on more than just technical skills, they are capable of teaching every aspect of horse-care.
7. Commitment – Becoming certified requires significant time and financial commitment on the part of the instructor/coach.
8. Sport Specific – Coaches are evaluated and certified in the area of their expertise.
9. Resources – Certified coaches have all the resources at EC and the HCBC available to them to upgrade, educate and learn.
10. Learn to Ride – Only EC Certified coaches can examine the EC Rider Development Program Levels.
11. Conformance – with growing public expectation of certification in all amateur sports.
List above, courtesy of BC Horse Council