Coaches and Trainers listed here are Sponsors of the NSC.
Coaches & Trainers in the Bulkley Valley
EC Certified English Competition Coach Specialist – Current 2021
https://clarehobson.com | email@example.com
35+ years experience. Dressage, Hunter, Jumper, Pleasure. Beginners to Advanced.
Your Name Here…
Your Name Here…
Please note the NSC does not endorse any particular coach, trainer or clinician but does encourage safe practices for all riders, their horses and spectators.
* Please Note: Effective January 1, 2021, all coaches, trainer and clinicians using the NSC Fair Grounds MUST carry insurance.
Please contact the coaches and trainers directly for availability and rates.
Reasons to choose an Equine Canada Certified Coach
1. Professional & Accountable – Certified coaches are professionals who are expected to adhere to strict standards of the profession. (Equine Canada Code of Ethics & EC Coaching Code of Conduct)
2. Safety and First Aid – Trained in procedures, coaches hold a valid First Aid certificate which must be kept up to date for the coach to maintain a current status.
3. Theory – Certified Coaches know “how” to teach/coach. Coaches support all aspects of the sport, not just the technical skill. Successful completion of the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) is a requirement at each level as well as the new Equine Canada “Learn to Teach” Course.
4. Knowledge and Technical Competence – Coach candidates are assessed by qualified personnel. Candidates are required to show their technical ability as well as having theoretical knowledge.
5. Consistency and Upgrading – Through a process of formal study, mentor-ship and assessment, coaches are taught and tested on consistent skills. Coaches must upgrade their knowledge to stay certified therefore keeping skills fresh and current.
6. Stable Management – Coaches have learned and have been tested on more than just technical skills, they are capable of teaching every aspect of horse-care.
7. Commitment – Becoming certified requires significant time and financial commitment on the part of the instructor/coach.
8. Sport Specific – Coaches are evaluated and certified in the area of their expertise.
9. Resources – Certified coaches have all the resources at EC and the HCBC available to them to upgrade, educate and learn.
10. Learn to Ride – Only EC Certified coaches can examine the EC Rider Development Program Levels.
11. Conformance – with growing public expectation of certification in all amateur sports.
List above, courtesy of BC Horse Council
Learn More about English and Western Coaching Levels on the Horse Council website: https://hcbc.ca/coaching/